Are you interested in restoration or research projects in the Santa Ynez Valley? If you would like to be notified of volunteer projects such as planting native trees or plants, cleaning up natural areas, or participating in research surveys, sign up here and we will add your name to our list of volunteers. Thank you for helping us restore and preserve natural areas!
Contact UsSanta Ynez Valley Natural History Society
PO Box 794
Los Olivos, CA 93441
Winter & Spring 2017 Calendar
- Winter & Spring 2017 Program: Field Trip Registration Opened January 9
- Tuesday, January 31, 7:00 p.m.: Coyote America: A Natural and Supernatural History
- Saturday, February 11, 6:45 p.m.: Annual Members’ Meeting at Sedgwick Reserve, preceding Oak Studies lecture
- Saturday, February 11, 7:00 p.m.: A Trilogy of California Oak Studies: Phylogeny, Phenology, and “Flow-ology”
- Thursday, March 2, 7:30 p.m.: Harnessing Water & Harvesting Soil: 2,000 Years of Water Harvesting in the Petra Hinterlands
- Saturday, March 4, 9:00 a.m.to 1:00 p.m.: Exploring Mount Dibblee
- Saturday, March 18, 9:00 a.m. to about 4:00 p.m.: Carrizo Plain National Monument
- Sunday, April 9, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Local Spring Wildflower Foray
- Saturday, April 22, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Quiota Creek Birds and Wildflowers
- Thursday, May 11, 7:00 p.m.: Mosquitoes and Mosquito-borne Disease in Santa Barbara County
- The Program Report highlights Summer and Fall 2016 field trips and photos.